Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Weird and Awesome with Emmett Montgomery

Sunday April 3rd, I participated in a variety show at the beloved Annex Theater in Seattle. The show was called "Weird and Awesome with Emmett Montgomery" A variety show of skits, musical acts and serious monologues. 
Emmett has a way of distorting the absurd thru humor and I love that. 

Collective acts were: Rick Taylor, Derek Sheen, Rodney Sherwood, Barbara Holm, Travis Vogt, Kevin Clarke and Paul West .

My performance was a monologue from my “Guidance Through an Illustrative Alphabet” book. 
A PowerPoint slideshow of each letter in 15 minutes. 
Two of my fav Seattle Musicians to accompanied my spoken word: Lbd Blkknight on Bass and David Levin on Cajon. I couldn’t have asked for a better duo to support my segment of the show.
It was awesome. And already, I’m planning a one-man show in the near future. Check out the Annex Theater @ http://www.annextheatre.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment