Thursday, August 25, 2022

Commemorative Poster for the Skagit Eagle Interpretive Center







It’s an honor to be asked to produce Art for the “Skagit River Bald Eagle Interpretive Center” @ Howard Miller Steelhead Park in Rockport, Washington.

The center offers opportunities to better understand the Skagit River ecosystem with an emphasis on the winter migration of bald eagles, salmon, and the vital role each play in our environment.
In all my work. If there’s water involved. I start with water before I focus the main subjects.
To be honest. It’s good practice to flesh out technique, and color application. I consider this my “Artistic Mise En Place”.
After a few hours working the back, and foreground environments, then I’m ready to go in heavy-subject-mode.
Also, I use “Drawing Gum” for most of my projects.
It’s a “peelable rubber solution used to keep areas colour free when using ink, watercolour or gouache. It can be applied using a brush or a pen on the surfaces of the drawing that require to be masked.”
Each Eagle is an original, that will ultimately be transferred digitally to my poster for this great organization.
This poster will be sold to the public as an awareness campaign From September 1st 2022- September 1st 2023.
I drew inspiration from two fabulous nature photographers. Stephen Ennis and Sam Wilder.
Titled: “Arrival Of The Messenger, Past, Present, and Future”
Project Mediums: Prismacolor Premier Color Pencils, koh-I-noor Rapidograph Pens, Sakura Koi Watercolor, Iwata Airbrush, Copic Sketch Markers, on FABRIANO Paper.
©Ramon Shiloh/SRBEIC 2022/2023

To know more about this organization, go to: Skagit Eagle Interpretive Center

No comments:

Post a Comment